Prices are subject to change without notice. Possession of any Company Literature, Price list, etc. does not entitle the holder to purchase rights or Prices.
All prices, orders and products quoted are FOB ft.worth Texas all damaged, and or shortage claims of merchandise must be inspected and documented on the receiving freight bill at the time of receipt, by the receiving customer and filed with the freight company.
All auto ac products sold on this site have warranties to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years from date of purchase. Cool Air parts is not responsible for other costs associated with the failure of a product including but not limited to labor, refrigerant loss, or shipping. All warranties are limited to the manufacturers original warranties valid at time of purchase. There are no representation, warranties, or conditions expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, except those herein contained. We assume no liability for damages, losses or injuries, direct or consequential, that may arise from use of or inability to use these products.
Thank you for the purchase of your A/C compressor from Cool Air Parts. When properly installed, we trust you will get excellent service from this unit. In order for your warranty to be valid, you must follow the installation instructions carefully. Failure to follow those instructions may void your warranty and greatly increase the possibility of failure of your compressor.
1. With every compressor replacement, the system must be flushed thoroughly with the proper flush solvent or provide a receipt showing it was professionally done.
2. Also, the receiver dryer or accumulator must be replaced. If your vehicle is equipped with an orifice tube, you must replace it as well.
3. Vehicles equipped with expansion valves require that they be checked and cleaned if necessary, they do not have to be replaced to validate the warranty.
4. Once the system is flushed, and the new parts are installed, the system should then be evacuated, then recharged with the proper amount of refrigerant and oil. Please retain all receipts for this repair.
All these things are covered in your installation instructions.
Remanufactured compressors are warranted for a period of 1 year from original purchase date provided the required parts are replaced, orifice tube and receiver dryer or accumulator.
All “New” compressors are warranted for a period of 2 years from original purchase date provided the required parts are replaced as listed above.
If the compressor is replaced during the warranty period, the warranty does not renew. It remains for the period of time listed on your receipt based on the original purchase date.
If a compressor is installed without the required parts, dryer and orifice tube, the warranty is void. The part cannot be replaced without the proof of purchase and installation of these parts.
If you should encounter problems with your compressor, please contact Customer Care and someone will assist you with the replacement. Please have your Proof of Purchase available when contacting our service center.
CORE CHARGES :
Core charge will be refunded upon the return of a core that is of satisfactory condition to be rebuilt. It is in our sole discretion on what is considered re-buildable. We pledge to be completely fair on our assessment of all cores and will refund core charges in a prompt manner. Procedure for core return will be provided with your order confirmation,
Failure to Flush System and replace Drier or Accumulator will Void Warranty.
We will be happy to exchange any compressor within 30 days. All returns must be adequately packed with sufficent packing to prevent any damage upon return. Questions? Call (817)715-1056.
- A copy of the approved RMA form must accompany the merchandise as a packing slip. Values shown on RMA’s are not representative of the actual credit value to be issued to the customer. The final credit value will be determined and issued based upon actual receipt and inspection of all goods listed on the RMA based on their qualification for return as is outlined in this policy manual.
- Merchandise returned must be in unopened, factory-fresh packages. When repackaging is required to restore the merchandise to marketable condition, an additional 20% cost will be charged to the customer.
- New returns due to customer ordering mistakes, lost sales, etc. do not qualify for freight reimbursement and will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee.
- Only merchandise purchased during the previous calendar year and listed in our most current catalog and price sheet will be eligible for sales return credit.
- All merchandise returned for sales credit must be shipped Freight Prepaid.
- Shipments returned to Cool Air Parts without approval will be refused and returned to shipper at shipper’s expense.
- Credit for approved returns will be issued per Cool Air Parts prices in effect at the time the merchandise was purchased, and the credit will be applied to accounts receivable against the oldest balance owed.
- Return goods privileges will apply only to customers currently purchasing and selling Cool Air Parts products and whose accounts are in a current condition. No cash settlement will be made.
- ALL RETURNS FOR CREDIT MUST BE SHIPPED TO Cool Air Parts Warehouse AS FOLLOWS:
Cool Air Parts
1107 California Ln #215
Arlington TX 76015
- The customer shall not deduct amounts for returned merchandise from payments to Cool Air Parts When approved returned merchandise transactions have been received, inspected and processed, Cool Air Parts will promptly issue credit to the customer’s account. No deduction will be allowed until the credit memo has been issued.
B. NON-RETURNABLE ITEMS
Applicable to A/C Replacement Parts
- Non-returnable items will be so designated on price lists. THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR CREDIT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES: Special order items are not returnable.
LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY
A. IMPORTANT COMPRESSOR WARRANTY INFORMATION
Cool Air Parts has a COMPRESSOR WARRANTY POLICY ON ALL CLAIMS SUBMITTED. This policy is designed to eliminate trail and error compressor failures and will require correct professional installation procedures when replacing any new or remanufactured compressor. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE 10 PROCEDURES LISTED BELOW, WHEN INSTALLING A COMPRESSOR, WILL VOID THE COMPRESSOR WARRANTY:
- AC system must be cleaned using an approved flush and flushing method. Should an approved flush not be available, an in-line filter must be installed.
- The filter dryer/accumulator MUST BE REPLACED.
- Orifice tube or liquid line containing orifice tube MUST BE REPLACED.
- Inspect/clean thermostatic EXPANSION VALVE and clean inlet screen if applicable.
- Check for proper airflow through the cooling fins, CONDENSER, AND RADIATOR. Under certain conditions, the condenser will have to be replaced. Ford products with an FS-10 or FX-15 And CR-V compressor that has had a major failure or GM products with a DA-6 compressor with broken Teflon rings and a dual path condenser, you MUST REPLACE THE CONDENSER.
- Check FAN CLUTCH and/or ELECTRIC FAN for proper operation.
- Should you purchase a compressor without a clutch, after installing the clutch, check the COMPRESSOR CLUTCH AIR GAP per OEM or compressor manufactures specifications.
- The correct amount and type of REFRIGERANT OIL MUST BE ADDED to the system per OEM or compressor manufactures specifications.
- After hose assemblies are installed, TURN COMPRESSOR SHAFT (not just the clutch pulley) a minimum of 10 revolutions to clear excess oil from the compressor. This may require a spanner wrench.
- Check COMPRESSOR CLUTCH ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT for proper voltage per OEM or compressor manufacturer’s specifications.
- EVACUATE ENTIRE SYSTEM for a minimum of 45 minutes if temperature is 80F or above. Evacuate for 60 minutes dual air systems or if temperature is below 80F.
- Use only R12 or R134a refrigerants.
All compressor warranty claims MUST INCLUDE THE CORRECTLY DOCUMENTED PAPERWORK OR THE CLAIM WILL BE DENIED. PROOF OF PURCHASE, RECEIPTS AND/OR WORK ORDERS FOR THE APPLICABLE PROCEDURES ABOVE MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR CLAIM OR THE COMPRESSOR WARRANTY CLAIM WILL BE DENIED. THIS POLICY WILL BE STRICLY ENFORCED. Complete detailed installation instructions are enclosed with each compressor. WARRANTY COMPRESSORS MUST BE RETURNED IN THE REPLACEMENT COMPRESSOR BOX.
B. Cool Air Parts warrants to the original purchaser of its products that the product is free from defects in materials and workmanship as follows:
- Complete Air Conditioner Systems (Evaporator Kit, Compressor, Engine Kit and Accessory Packages) parts only for 24 months from the date of original installation when installed on a new vehicle for a new car dealer. Retail sales for used or pre-owned vehicles (above 1500 miles) are warranted for 24 months or parts, & labor. Off-road vehicles and tractor equipment are warranted for 90 days parts & labor.
- Temperature Control Replacement Parts New and rebuilt compressors one year from the date of installation or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. All other parts 90 days from the date of installation. No labor allowance is provided. This warranty does not apply to individual contractual agreements.
- Products manufactured by others: As to any product or item manufactured by other persons or firms (wether sold separately hereunder or incorporated into another product sold hereunder), the Company agrees only to present the customer’s claim with respect to defects to the manufacturer for adjustment, and the Customer agrees that the liability of the company shall not exceed any adjustment with respect to which such manufacturer of any product sold hereunder has either been furnished to Customer or is available to the Customer upon written request to the company.
In this connection, each manufacturer whose products are resold by the Company are sold under a limited warranty and NO SUCH MANUFACTURER MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR GUARANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, DESIGN, PEFORMANCE, CAPACITY OR EFFICIENCY OF ANY PRODUCT SOLD, AND PROVIDES THAT NO CLAIM FOR LABOR, TRANSPORTATION, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WILL BE ALLOWED.
Credit will be issued to purchasers of Cool Air Parts products who are authorized to perform warranty repair if:
- The part proves to be defective.
- The part is within the covered time/mileage limitations as stated on the initial installation registration form.
- The warranty procedures are adhered to as described herein and in VII Warranty Procedures.
C. This Limited Warranty does not cover any product which has been subject to misuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper maintance. This warranty does not cover material or labor used in normal maintenance services or the replacement of services items. Normal wear of service items shall not be considered defects under this warranty.
D. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS TRANSPORTATION COSTS, HOTELS, MEALS, TOWING AND OTHER EXPENSES AND Cool Air Parts SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH DAMAGE.AUTOMOTIVE Cool Air Parts DOES NOT MAKE AND DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY PERSON TO MAKE FOR IT ANY WARRANTY OTHER THAN THE FOREGOING WARRANTY. SUCH OTHER WARRANTIES, IF ANY, AS MAY BE IMPOSED OR IMPLIED BY LAW ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE WRITTEN WARRANTY.
E. CARE AND HANDLING OF WARRANTY PARTS
- Compressors: Defective compressors returned because of internal failure, leaks or other imperfections must have service valves attached or ports sealed. Return of compressors without ports sealed will void any warranty. Any clutches which are not a part of the compressor when purchased must be removed and returned as a separate item. Compressors must be packaged so as to prelude any subsequent damage. The same care should be taken in returning a compressor for warranty as you would in sending one to your customer. Any damage occurring due to improper packing of returned compressors will void the warranty. There is no warranty on any compressor which has been disassembled.
All compressor warranty claims MUST INCLUDE THE CORRECTLY DOCUMENTED
PAPERWORK OR THE CLAIM WILL BE DENIED. PROOF OF PURCHASE, RECEIPTS
AND/OR WORK ORDERS FOR THE APPLICABLE PROCEDURES ABOVE MUST BE
SUBMITTED WITH YOUR CLAIM OR THE COMPRESSOR WARRANTY CLAIM WILL
BE DENIED. THIS POLICY WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. Complete detailed
installation instructions are enclosed with each compressor. WARRANTY COMPRESSORS
MUST BE RETURNED IN THE REPLACMENT COMPRESSOR BOX.
- Expansion Valves: Valves received with broken capillary tubes will not be accepted for credit or replacement. Plastic thread protective caps from the new valve should be inserted on the proper fitting of the defective valve.
- Clutches: There is no warranty on clutch bearings or any clutch assembly which has been disassembled. Defects resulting from improper installation, i.e., improper centering of field coil, damage to pulley groove section, improper installation of snap rings and any other misuse or abuse voids the warranty. DO NOT cut wire on clutches returned. Disconnect at the electrical connections.
- Evaporators and Coils: When returning defective coils, the protective caps must be replaced on the coil being returned. The coil must be packaged in such a way as to avoid shipment damage.
Warranty adjustment will not be issued for complete evaporator assemblies without prior approval of Cool Air Parts. If defective parts are found in an evaporator assembly, they are to be replaced with parts; only the parts replaced are to be retuned for warranty adjustment. If an evaporator coil is not readily available the leaking coil may be repaired locally, with prior approval of Cool Air Parts and a copy of the claim for the repair submitted to Cool Air Parts
This warranty does not apply to any product damaged by improper installation, accident, misuse, abuse, improper line voltage, fire, flood, lighting or other acts of God, or if the product was altered or repaired by anyone other than an authorized Cool Air Parts Distributor and/or Installation Center.
This warranty is in lieu of other warranties expressed or implied including any implied warranty of merchantability and no person is authorized to assume for Cool Air Parts any other liability in condition with the sale of these product.
SHIPMENT DAMAGE IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE CARRIER. NO WARRANTY CREDITS OR REPLACEMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR CLAIMS MARKED “DAMAGED IN SHIPMENT.” ALL SUCH CLAIMS MUST BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE CARRIER CONCERNED.